Tuesday 23 April 2013

Chapter 1: An Introduction

Is it just me, or does everyone seem to know what they are doing for the rest of their lives? Call me lazy (or just plain scared), but I STILL don't have a clue what I want to do. Okay, I lie - I want to be a screen writer/director/actress. In that order. But to be quite honest (and as I said previously) I am shit scared. By the way, that was the first time I have openly admitted I want to be any of those things...

Hi. My name is Trish and  I am 25... 25! Sorry to anyone older reading this, but 25 is my scary age...
My friend and I were talking the other week about how we reckoned by the time we were 25, we would have a career and be pretty much set for the rest of our lives - we were 19 years old when we thought this, which seems like yesterday - but right now, we don't even have a rough idea. 

I am currently a games tester - I know what you're thinking, it is pretty cool - but before this I was unemployed and never thought I would get a break. Luckily I did, which is why I still have a little faith that I may be in one of the above dream jobs one day. I am a firm believer in the sayings, "things happen for a reason" and "good things come to those who wait". My Mammy (I'm Irish) always enforces these sayings and has taught me that being positive and having belief is the best way to be. Not being biased or anything, but my Mammy is quite simply the best, Tina Turner style! She got me through unemployment and I will always stand by that. She is constantly encouraging me and my sisters to follow our dreams and I think it is important to have someone or something to push you further to be your best self - that thing for me is Mammy.

Going back to being unemployed, it's funny when you think about it. During unemployment (aside from applying for about 20-40 jobs a day) I would do what other normal people do... log onto Facebook. Not ONE person talks about it. The subject is so shameful and so frickin' taboo, that it is NEVER spoken of. Let's face it, I can't be the ONLY one who has been unemployed.  
I graduated university in 2009, which was apparently the worst year to graduate due to the state of the economic climate and the increase of job cuts. Just one question though, WHEN THE F**K WILL IT GET BETTER?!! Apologies for the rage, that is just for all you guys out there who feel the same as yours truly. Why can't it be like the way it is in the movies? You know what I mean...
"I know how to use a cashier", "You're hired! Can you start tomorrow?"

I MEAN C'MON! Has anyone else ever wanted to throw their remote at their TV when they see stuff like that on your screens??? 

Anyways if you like this, more of my blogs will be like it... But for now, here's a video to cheers you all up on this Tuesday evening. 

T. 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely cheered me up on a Tuesday evening. I hear your preach sister! Love your frank honesty about the lack of jobs/being unemployed/lack of ‘government people’ pushing us to follow our dreams and just get ANY job that doesn’t even match our ‘skills’ or ‘qualifications’, because it gets us ‘off their backs’.
    Watched this video yesterday … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxb8zV6QIZw … love Kandee, and such a great example of what you’re referring to.
    Sending my love and positive chasing your ambitions attitude, as there is a big hole in society where people’s aspirations used to be. From one dream catcher to another.

    ReplyDelete