Tuesday 4 June 2013

Chapter 7: What Does It All Mean?

Have you ever heard a song and thought, "What the frig is this about?" or watched a movie the whole way through, got to the end and thought, "What the hell?!". More recently when I have gone to the cinema, I have watched a film and thought, "This is okay..." and when it reaches the end I am sorely disappointed. Quite a lot of times now I have spoke out loud in the cinema and been like, "C'MON!"... My boyfriend can vouch for this. But to me it seems like the people writing these songs and movies are in a rush to make them. Take Robbie Williams for example... I'm a huge fan by the way. Going to see him in a couple of weeks. However, the majority of his songs don't make any sense! Take this one for example:


I rest my case.

Right now I feel like a lot of people are doing that with their own lives. Rushing into things and feeling pressured to do it because everyone else seems to be. Getting a job for example... When I was unemployed every time I logged onto Facebook it would be status after status, "I got the job!" or "Start my new job tomorrow." We are then inclined to feel like we are absolute bums 'cause we are trying so hard to get into a job we know we'd love and enjoy. For me that would be awesome, to live to work and not work to live. Don't get me wrong,  I like my job, but of course, I want to better myself and go for bigger and better opportunities that are available. If I could make a living out of blogging to you guys every week I would, sad think is, that's not possible! But hey ho!

I just wish people would see the bigger picture and think, actually you know what, it's never too late! Like myself for example. Yes that's right,  I'm one of them. I often think I should have taken a year out before University so that I could think about what I really wanted to do, instead of rushing into a course I thought I'd like. I did Media and Communications as a degree and to be quite honest, I don't know why?! I don't read the newspaper as often as I should and when I do, it's a tabloid and straight to the showbiz and horoscopes sections I go. I don't watch the News as often as I should because to be quite honest, it's severely depressing and the only factual information I like to read is what's going on in the entertainment industry. Yes that's right, I'm a faux Media and Communications graduate!

I'm still at a point of my life where I think, "What the hell am I doing?", hence the blog title. But I'm here to say it's okay to think that no matter what age you are. I have met so many people who are living proof that it is never too late to do the things you have always wanted to do. I have never had the privilege of meeting this pair, but just take a look and you'll see it's never too late. If Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman can't prove this, who can?!



The same goes for people who worry. Again, I am one of them, if not the worst one! I worry about everything and I have come to realise it is all just wasted energy. I worried about not getting a job before this one because of all the rejection I faced previously, which I guess is natural for everyone. The next few things I'm about to mention, are not natural. I worry if I have forgotten to put deodorant on (for the people around me of course). I worry if have something on my back because of a terribly embarrassing moment I had as a young girl (don't ask). I worry if I do a silent fart and someone catches me out. What is wrong with me?! You are all probably laughing right now, but that just supports the fact I worry about NOTHING. Nothing that matters anyway.
This week I worried about something that actually matters a lot and it turns out, there was nothing to be worried about. There never really was because I knew in my heart everything was going to be okay. Over the past year I have realised that having faith and believing are key in order for you to stay positive and look on the bright side. Without these, there is no real meaning being the saying, "don't worry" and "everything is going to be okay".

Baz Luhrmann couldn't have put it better himself:



'Til next time.
Love to you all for the massive support.
T.


No comments:

Post a Comment