Tuesday 9 July 2013

Chapter 12: Why So Serious?

Hey guys! Hope you're all okay and are having a beautiful week in the sunshine! I realise last week people may not have been open to discussing about any time they have ever felt lost, as it can be quite a private or embarrassing subject. But just to let you all know, any time you feel like inboxing me or messaging me, it is all in confidence. Unless you obviously want to talk openly about it! As I said before, talking and sharing is important for peace of mind, an unclogged head and a weight off your shoulders!

This week I want to talk about nerves; everyone gets nervous at some stage or another. For me, it was queuing up for Oblivion at Alton Towers last week. I'm pretty sure I sharted (shat/farted) during the ride (jokes), but it was all worth it to say, "I've been on that ride!". I was extremely nervous before my 5K run for Race For Life a few weeks back. I kept thinking negatively and I convinced myself I wouldn't do that well, but I completed it in my best time yet and I felt amazing for it after. I'm also SUPER nervous as I have my first Murder Mystery rehearsal this week and it is the first time I have acted in about 7 years! But I will let you all know how I got on next week!

A very dear friend of mine, Katie Stead, is probably one of the hardest working people I have ever known. She is a fantastic Hairdresser ans Beautician and I would highly recommend her to anyone! Not only has she been in full time work since leaving school, but she has also juggled doing a degree for the past 3 years- FAIR PLAY! I know I wouldn't be able to do that as I'm sure a lot of you will agree. She finds out her degree results today and naturally she is nervous, but I know she will do brilliantly and all of her family and friends know it too. So why must we all doubt ourselves and our abilities? I'm not saying we should all go around being big headed, 'cause let's face it, that's just damn cocky! But why must we insist on being so nervous about things? I know it's easier said than done, 'cause if anyone of you have read my blog from the beginning, you will all gather that I am quite a shy/nervous person... but wouldn't it be fantastic if we could all be positive about ourselves, ALL the time?! I'd love to wake up of a morning and be like, "I'm going to have an amazing day today and I going to do really well in everything I do." But the simple fact is, that's not realistic, is it? Life doesn't work that way and we have to have feelings and emotions in order to be human. Life throws things at you that you don't see coming and it can take one thing to ruin our day, week, month or year.

One thing that has kept me in high spirits and feeling positive, is watching my Mammy get better and better over the past 9 months. If she can go through what she is going through and still have a smile on her face, we all need to really assess what's important in our lives; forget the negatives and look at what's good around us. Most importantly, we all need the support we can get to feel confident in certain situations... because without these people and this support, we would all be serious and nervous wrecks!

Katie passed her degree with flying colours - as I suspected she would. The point I am trying to make is that all these nerves and emotions we build up before doing something that scares us, is just all natural. It would be silly if non of us got nervous, EVER. Look at the Boy George wannabe in, The Wedding Singer... he was nervous, got booed for his singing and STILL carried on singing after?!


I bet these guys were nervous before they performed this:


Cheers me up every time...

Until next week ladies and gents!
T.

P.S. Katie achieved a First in her degree and deservedly so! I wrote the above before I found out her results ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment