Tuesday 3 September 2013

Chapter 19: Póg Mo Thón

You guys must think I'm absolutely atrocious lately because I keep missing my blogs! Really sorry peeps, but I was on holiday last week and I treated my boyfriend to a few days away in Dublin for his birthday! It was so much fun! Got it for a good price as well, so I would highly recommend anyone to take a break there. There's so much to do! Unfortunately we had little time to do them in, but we fit in the most important places: the Guinness Factory, the Jameson's Distillery and the Wax Museum. As most of you know, all of my family are Irish, so it was nice to learn a bit of history about the men who made the most well known alcoholic beverages in the world! What? I'm Irish? I like alcohol! Not only that but it was fascinating to know some of the most famous people in the world have been there to experience the history as well. Here are a few to name:

Ron Bur... I mean, Will Ferrell
            
Sean Penn



 
These cool dudes, Sean Astin and Elijah Wood
Pink

    
Tom Cruise and Olga Kurylenko

        And the legend that is HURLEY FROM LOST!


Yes, I was just as star struck as you are now... I mean, it's Hurley!! Bloody love that dude... after seeing these I was really interested in seeing what Guinness was like and for a first time drinker of the beer, I loved it! The same when I tried Jameson's, I am a new found whiskey drinker. But like I said, I'm Irish! ;).

One thing I really didn't appreciate was an incident myself and my boyfriend came across whilst getting change for the bus from my purse. Now, my mother did warn me before I went that there were a lot of pick pocketers in Dublin and to be very wary of my belongings. So we were and this is what happened when I got my purse out.

Beggar: You have any change?
Luke: No.
Beggar: I just need some change! (looks to me for sympathy).
Me: (sighs)
Luke: No, we are using it for the bus
Beggar: WELL GET ON THE FUCKIN' BUS THEN!!!

I was mortified to say the least - Luke and I were just told off in the middle of Dublin, by a tramp! (Please excuse my politically incorrect language). Most of you will be wondering what Póg Mo Thón means. Well it means, kiss my arse! Which I feel was very fitting for that dude who demanded we, "get on the fuckin' bus!"

Although my last blog was about "motivation" I can't say I had much of this on my week off. I  was motivated to eat and drink and you know what? I bloody loved it! It's important to indulge every now and then, especially on your holidays! Speaking of holidays, just want to say I hope all you teachers out there enjoyed your 6 weeks off and are raring to go back to school! Although I am jealous you all get this time off, I can empathise with all of the stress you are under when you return to work as both of my sisters are teachers and put a lot of time and effort into making their lessons perfect for the children. So good luck for your new year and it won't be long until your next holibobs :).

Meanwhile, here's a little clip of something I'm sure most of you have watched before. God rest Father Ted...



Tune in for my next blog!
T.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment