Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chapter 22: "Baby Steps"

Hi everyone. This is my first blog in around two months now and to be honest I've been struggling to think of what to say. As some of you may know, my family and I have had a very rough year. A year that has been a complete blur to me. A year that has gone so quick but also seems so long lasting at the same time. I usually write my blogs with the intention of injecting positivity and happiness into peoples lives and now that my own has hit a turning point, I feel it would be very hypocritical to tell you all to do things when I'm not particularly feeling that way inclined myself.

The truth is I can't tell you all what is right and wrong, what you should and shouldn't do. You all have to figure life out for yourselves and how you go about living it. What I will say though, is appreciate every good thing you have in your life. Your health, your family, a job, a roof over your head... When I ever had a bad day before, it was over something trivial. This could be to do with work, not starting that diet you said you'd begin on Monday, waking up with a headache and not taking anything for it. Trivial. That's what they are. I have hit a turning point in my life and can honestly say that although the above will happen, nothing could affect me the same way it did before, because worse things have happened.

I'm not going to write any more now. Eventually I will. But not now. Now I'm going to leave you with several quotes from various different well known and anonymous figures that I read from Elle Inspired all the time. I hope these help you all with whatever life throws at you, because I know throughout this year when I have read these, they have brought so much truth and comfort to my life. I'll also leave you with a song in the ordinary way I do.

Remember, life is a wave that we all ride. Some waves are overwhelming, some underwhelming. But we just need to keep on that board and keep looking for a smooth ride.

This blog is dedicated to my first love, my best friend, my only reason for writing this blog, my Mammy. Love you and miss you more than you'll ever know xxx.
















T.x

No comments:

Post a Comment