Tuesday 21 January 2014

Chapter 30: Don't It Always Seem To Go...

Well... Never thought I'd make it to Chapter 30, but hey! Just wanna say thank you all for your continued support, even if you do think this is a load of bollocks! Pretty soon I'm gonna have to change the title of this blog to "26 And... Still Don't Know What The Fuck I'm Doing?!" Haha! In all seriousness though I have learnt a lot from writing these blogs since April... A lot of things have happened along the way in my personal life, but I like to think the next year will be an eye opener for me with my career path. However, like I said last week, I'm not going to rush into anything because I am currently content with where I am right now in my job, saving lots of monies for the future and writing on here and on other projects... something I ACTUALLY enjoy doing!

As some of you may have read a good few blog posts ago, one thing is for sure, I am DEFINITELY leaving Three and moving onto another mobile network. I'm currently in two minds about whether to join Vodafone or Virgin. Both have their advantages and disadvantages (like anything), but I am certain I want an iPhone. When I rang Three yesterday to check when my contract ends, they then proceeded to ask what I plan to do after this. This is how the conversation went:

Three: "So, Miss. Baxter, what would you like to do when your contract comes to an end?"

Me: "Oh I plan to leave as I have been with you guys for a very long time and don't feel I'm getting the customer care I deserve. I had a bad experience with you guys a few months back and found each and every one of your reps extremely uncooperative and unhelpful."

Three: "Oh, Miss. Baxter I am so sorry to hear this. Rest assured I can see from your records you have indeed been with us for a long time and I will guarantee that if you do stay with us, I will give you the best contract you're looking for."

Me: "That's nice, but unfortunately I have already made up my mind and I will be leaving."

Three: "But I promise I will give you one of the best contracts going. You look around and get some prices and tell me what they are, I will match them. My name is Davil."

Me: "Aah again. I'm really sorry, I'm leaving."

Three: "Please consider my offer and when you ring do not accept anyone on the phone other than me, please ask for me."

Me: "Okay, what's your name again? David?"

Three: "No. D for Delta. A for Alpha. V for Victor. I for India. L for Lima. Davil."

Me: "Okay well thank you very much."

Three: "You're welcome, Miss. Baxter. Anything else I can help you with today?"

Me: "No, thank you very much."

As you can see, he was quite persistent and repetitive, but polite nonetheless. Why is it when you say you want out of something, that all of sudden that something (or someone) says they'll do all the things you wanted in the first place? I'm talking about Three, obviously. But this could be applicable to loads of things. For example, the past year for me has been one of the most difficult I have ever had to face and along the way I have lost a lot of people. My Mammy, friends and I have also come out of a relationship. After losing my Mammy, my life will never be the same again and I know you can all say that about someone you have lost who was so close to you too. As for the friendships and relationships, well, I am a lot tougher than I was a few years ago and can honestly say that if anyone crosses me in a way I am not comfortable with, they will have no room in my life. I have come to realise that if you don't like something and it serves you no real purpose or path in your life, then there is no point in having it in your life. Yes you can remenisce and think of all the good times you had... like just receiving your new phone and thinking it's the dogs bollocks, having the best contract ever and then a year later realising that just about everyone around you has a better contract, a better megapixel camera, more data. What do you do? So, I'm really sorry, Three... but you're out! It's just too bad for the phone providers (friends, relationships) that they didn't know what a good customer they had long ago!

So all I have to say is:

Question time: Have any of you stayed in something to stick it out and see if things get better? Have you come face to face with the problems and worked through them? Have you just left something and feel better for it? Or do you feel worse? Feel free to respond on here, Facebook or Twitter.

See you all next week for some more ranting folks - what I do best, I guess!

Here's a bit of Human League for you all, thought it was fitting!

Toodle Pip!
T.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment