There have been a few good things that have helped me in recent months. My family who have been my rocks and absolute best friends I could ever wish for. My friends, holidays to look forward to. Hobbies to keep me busy like writing and socialising and discovering new and interesting things. Here are a few things that I have liked and discovered recently:
- Monica Vinader Jewellery. Ladies, if you haven't discovered this, GET ON IT. Steffans Jewellers currently have a sale for this brand of jewellery. Still a little pricey but no pricier than say Pandora. They do a lovely range of friendship bracelets with different meanings, such as 'love' or 'luck'. You can find their products on the Monica Vinader website or the Steffans Jewellers website.
- On the topic of newly discovered jewellery, my old work colleague, Robin Bell, makes his own very unique jewellery. Robin and I worked together in New Look whilst studying at University and both often talked about what our dream jobs would be ('cause it certainly wasn't being New Look's shop floor biatches!) and now he is fulfilling his dream job of making his own jewellery. You can go to his website www.theweerobin.com and you can follow him on Instagram (@theweerobin) where he posts all of his new work on there. Here's a few of his recent pieces:
- Going to the cinema and watching new movies is a very big thing for me as most of you have gathered by now. I went to see The Wolf Of Wall Street two weeks ago and it did NOT disappoint. I went in there knowing it would be a good watch, purely because of the cast (Leonardo Dicaprio and Jonah Hill). Needless to say, my mind was BLOWN. It would have been the perfect 18 if there was a bit more blood in it, otherwise, it had just about EVERYTHING in it. Sex, sex, drugs, sex, money, did I mention sex? I think the most nostalgic moment for me was hearing Leo's classic laughing squeal that would resemble his characters in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and Romeo & Juliet. It's got to be the film of the year, and it's only just begun! I'd also highly recommend Last Vegas if you love a bit of a laugh! Starring Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Klein and Robert Deniro as long life pals, they all go on a Stag weekend to Las Vegas where they rekindle their young friendships. Let me just tell you all this... Morgan Freeman can dance better than anyone I've ever seen.
- One song in particular is getting me raring for the summer already. WEKEED by Wild Child. Think we all have a song that reminds us or gets us excited for some sun, this one is it for me this year - get on it!
- As I've said before, I do love Instagram... last week I discovered the work of @_artistiq. A VERY talented lady who draws portraits of famous actors and singers freehand using a pen. She rarely uses pencil, but my gosh are they good! I used to draw when I was younger as my Dad is a fantastic artist and he taught me and my Sisters and my little Niece and Nephew. He used to sit me and my Sisters down in front of the tele and watch this guy of a Saturday morning:
Well guys, there's a snippet of things I've been loving in recent months. I would love to know what you all like to do for release? Just contact me on the usual Facebook, Twitter or on the back of this blog.
Have a great week guys! Here's a bit of cheesy music to cheer you up and help you by... Starship - We Built This City.