Tuesday 18 March 2014

Chapter 36: That Don't Impress Me Much...

Wow, my titles are getting more and more explanatory I think. Note to self: Be more mysterious!
This week I want to talk about something that is on every woman's mind: Food. I don't care if you say it isn't ladies, I know it is. I don't know about you, but as soon as I've finished my breakfast, I'm already thinking about what to have for lunch and how many hours away it is 'til lunch time. However every Sunday night I say to myself, "I'm going to be good this week, I will, I will, I will." Then come Monday 09:05,  I've already failed miserably by starting the day with Choco Pillows (a personal favourite of mine from Aldi). However, for Lent this year, I have given up chocolate for the first time since I was about 11. I thought I did pretty well the first week, but yesterday when I walked into the garage to pay for my petrol, I almost caved when every aisle started with offers on chocolate bars, chocolate digestives and bags of Maltesers. How DARE that garage do such a thing?! It's as if whenever you have given up something, it is everywhere staring at you in the face. Chocolate, cigarettes, alcohol. The thing is, they were there all along, but because we had easy access to them, we never thought anything of it. While we are on the subject of Lent, I just want to tell people that back when I was 12, my Form Tutor told us she had given up tinned products for Lent. Three words: Poor fucking effort.

Let's face it though guys, when trying to lose weight, we all know dieting and working out comes hand in hand. You just can't do one without the other. For all you people out there with high metabolisms like Keira Knightly, screw you. But come on! It's a daunting thing to face... especially if you haven't done it in a while. My sister and brother-in-law suggested Bootcamp to me just before I went away to New York. I'm not gonna lie, I shat myself. When I think 'Bootcamp' I think of a massive army type figure shouting at me to do more reps and telling me I need to do better. Which I'm guessing that is a fair judgement to make? After all, it's called 'Bootcamp'! The only thing that has ever really worked for me, is running. Granted, I'm not all that good at it, but I have definitely improved over the past year!

In this day and age, it seems that everyone works out or has a new diet craze - trouble is, I'm one of them! Last week  I bought this new things called, BooTea. Apparently it is supposed to aid with your weight loss regime with a 'Daytime Detox' tea to start off your day and a 'Bedtime Cleanse' that you take every other night. There are supposed to be many benefits such as speeding up your metabolism, improving your skin and just generally make you feel good! Also they're supposed to taste great! My order should be with me any time now, so I will let you all know how I'm getting on with it next week. When I went on the website to order, this image came up:


If my arse looks like this after 14 days, I'll be using it all the time - and probably be walking around in a bikini 24/7.

The point behind my title is, I have found that lots of men say, "I'm just going to the gym." Like it is going to make every girl on this planet swoon for them. When I go to the gym (which is rare) I see so many idiots 'pumping iron' with silly KG weights and staring at themselves in the mirror getting a little too excited over themselves. Please note: This is NOT good. Men aren't the only ones though... When I'm at the gym, I wear the most boyish clothes ever and I like to sweat it out. Last time I was there, it was fecking freezing and there were two girls in hot pants and crop tops, carefully placed on the floor in the middle of the gym, doing planks. I was on the bike at the time looking over in disgust (and pure jealousy at their figures) but the amount of men that perved on them was actually quite disgusting. Why any woman would want that sort of attention from chavs, I'll never know!

However if the above diet doesn't work, then this one looks promising:


Bottoms up! If you guys have had an effective diets or workout regimes, or can;t seem to agree on any, please feel free to drop me a lone on here, Facebook or Twitter!

Speaking of alcohol, I hope you all had a great St. Patrick'd Day yesterday! Aas many of you know, I'm Irish, but I only celebrated for the first time last Sunday in town for the Parade. It was such a fun day and the weather was beautiful! Crazy considering it was snowing the same time last year!

In celebration, here's one of my favourite songs of all time, U2 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Have a great week ahead!
Big love!
T.x

P.S. We would greatly appreciate any donation you have to give, big or small, to our Race for Life page. My sisters and I will be doing 5k again this year for our beautiful and brave Mammy and for anyone who is suffering from cancer and it's awful affects. One day there will be a cure! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment