Tuesday 19 August 2014

Chapter 58: Paradise Isn't Too Far Away...

This week I'm going to talk about... Holidays at home! Every year people talk about going abroad on their holidays. They want all inclusive, constant cocktail slurping, water park splashing, sun tanning fun. When I was in Year 7/8 I was super self conscious, but even more so after the summer holidays. Because I have red hair and freckles, it's pretty hard for me to tan. The closest I ever got to a tan was when I accidentally slept on the sun lounger in Salou when I was 13 and got prickly heat all over my back. Even then I was gutted, cause it was hardly a body part I could show off. No, my nice massive warm blazer at school wasn't irritating AT ALL after that.

Last weekend I had the privilege of being invited to a wedding in the Lake District. I'd never been before, but I'd heard great things. Whenever I thought of it before, I thought it would be a nice place of relaxation and beautiful sites... a chilled out place to get away from every day stresses. And believe me, it was just that. I was invited as my best friend's guest and she was doing the hair and beauty for the bride and bridesmaids.We arrived on the Friday and as soon as we hit the country side it was incredibly picturesque. We arrived at our location and from the moment I seen it, I gasped in shock. "Is this where we're staying?" "Yeah Trish" said my friend. It was out of this world. A Manor House right on the Lake with beautiful hillsides, sheep, a barn - basically it was the definition of breathe taking. Here was the view from our room:



Pretty amazing, huh? Views aside, the weekend was so lovely and Katie and I felt so honoured to be a part of the weekend and we just want to say a massive congratulations to Mr & Mrs Henley! Wishing them all the love and happiness in the world xxx.

These views just go to show that you don't have to travel far to feel like you're a million miles from home. Let's face it, I love Birmingham, but it's great to get away every once in a while to take a break from reality. My family and I will be off to Anglesey in Wales for the week and I just can't wait! I have also heard so many great things about this place, but mainly that it is the ultimate location to chill out. We are renting out a house on the beach for the week, complete with a hot tub, loads of DVD's and a pub nearby! If the views look like the picture's I have researched I will definitely be returning to Birmingham feeling relaxed and refreshed:



As you know I went to Paignton, Cornwall with my family last May and it was just fantastic. It was for a long weekend but I wish we were there longer! There was so much to do like going to the beach, the Zoo, there were Crazy Golf and Go Karting sites near by, but also it was the perfect place to take the kids and the cottage where we stayed was dog friendly so that was a bonus for us because it meant we could bring little Penny (our Lancashire Healer, she's a beaut. She'll be coming to Anglesey as well). The cottage was super homely so if you felt like just chilling out for the day, the cottage was the perfect place to have a lounge and relax. I took quite a few photos from this holiday, but here are a few from the beach I took on the first and second day:





I'm hoping these pictures will help you all see that you don't need to go too far to have a good time away from home. It's good to plan ahead, because then you always have something to look forward to! If these pictures weren't enough, check out the old Holidays at Home 2012 advert. Yes it's old, but the point is clear!

On that note I'll leave you with this.

Toodle pip.
T. x

No comments:

Post a Comment