Tuesday 30 December 2014

Chapter 72: 2014 Is A Thing Of The Past....

Hi all,

I hope you all had a great ChristmasJ. So with the New Year looming, what are your plans?! My friends and I are planning to go away to Manchester which I can’t wait for! Now usually I’m not a fan of New Year but I am keen to ring it in and have a “fresh start” well away from 2014. 2014 has had its highs and lows for me like I’m sure it has for all of you too. I have continued with this blog and had so many views and so much support from all of you. I just want to say a massive thank you for that! Think my favourite blogs of 2014 were:




According to my page views, these were your favourite blogs too! I have to say though, these were my peaks, so I’m not sure it’s going to get much better than the above!

In terms of my personal life this year... Here are my main highlights:

  • My sister getting engaged. Ahh... this was such a happy time, right at the beginning of the year as well. I knew from 2013 that my future Brother-In Law was going to pop the question as soon as she beamed about how he had treated her to Hoar Cross Hall and a trip to Paris on Valentines weekend. All I did was give Adam one look and he mimed, “Please don’t say anything!” Literally had to be the biggest secret I kept for 4 months! Totally worth it though... I know Mammy is looking down and is so happy for her and her new ventures coming her way J xxx
  • Next would have to be getting a promotion at work. I was so happy when I got this as I've never had one before. I do love my new job and I love working for the company as it is a great place to work for.
  • Both my sisters purchased new houses in a lovely area! Although they aren’t as close as they were to us, I am so happy for them as I know their futures will be so bright being where they are now J.
  • Our family holiday to Devon was absolutely amazing back in May. Last time we went on a family holiday was before my sister had her children and we went to Florida back in 2004. Obviously there was a massive piece missing from the group.... But we know Mammy was there in spirit xxx. The kids loved it so much as there was quite a lot to do there and the beach wasn't far away. Think we will be making a yearly thing of it which will be fab! We also booked to go away in March 2015 – me, Dad, Esther & Adam are going to Arizona & Vegas! A massive holiday of all inclusive food & drink, horse riding and gambling – what more could you want?!
As for my New Years Resolution? Well... I have a few... One year me and my best friend since I was 16 made a list of things we wanted to achieve. The list was pretty big. Quite a lot of it contained things such as learning about history and politics so that we could engage in interesting conversations with our ridiculously smart lad mates who studied the likes of Theology, Philosophy, History & Law at University. Did we do those things? No. No we didn’t. We will one day though! Right, Charl? J. However I do like the idea of making a list this year. One of the big things for me is concentrating on my script writing and being proactive about getting it noticed. However, the main thing I want to do for myself: to believe in myself and to give myself more credit. All my life, I have been pretty dependent on others giving me the encouragement I need to do things for myself. My family are the people I turn to for this and they never ever fail to make me think I can do anything possible. But the thing is, I need to actually realise this for myself. I know who I am and what I’m about and what I want... However I need to take the courage of my convictions. Someone said this to me once, I won’t say who, but it has only really made sense to me this past year.

I am currently reading a book recommended by my Aunt Elise entitled, “The Prophet” by Kahlil Gibran. The following piece really spoke to me and made me reflect on what Joy and Sorrow really is.



Live and learn everyone. The mistakes we made this year will NOT be a thing of 2015. Believe in yourself, do the things you always say you will do and don’t let anyone or anything make you think you are less than what you are. Hold your head high and may the things that got us down before, give us strength going forward.

On that note, I’m going to leave you with one of my favourite songs of 2014:
Sigma ft. Paloma Faith - Changing.

Happy New Year everyone! May 2015 bring you all strength, love and most importantly, happiness.

Big Love.
T.x

No comments:

Post a Comment