Tuesday 2 December 2014

Chapter 69: An Ode To My Everything

The past few weeks I have been writing on and off, because it has been my families Birthday's. They all fall two weeks between one another; my Dad's, Laura's then Esther's. Last Tuesday was Esther's Birthday. She woke up that morning and said, "29 and feeling fiiiine!" I love that about her, she always comes out with the funniest comments and always knows how to put a smile on my face :).  I love celebrating with them and most of all I love spoiling them. So this is just a short dedication to them and a blog of appreciation for everything they do for me. My family are the people who make me who I am today. They listen to me nag, dissolve all of my worries, shower me with love and give me all the confidence and strength I need. They have been with me at my worst... My Mammy was my angel when I was unemployed. She would have given anything for me to get a job a few years ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, because although I thought that was a bad time of my life, it was in fact one of the best times because I spent so much time with my family and they were some of the best times of my life.

These bad things that we only think are bad in our lives, really aren't when we think about it. It's all relative really... when something happens and we say, "I can't believe this is happening to me", there are so many more worse things that can occur in life and they happen around us every day. Bad is the person on the street who has nothing but a blanket to cover them up. Bad are the starving people in Third World Countries who would do anything for even a sip of clean water. Bad is a loved one being taken from right under your nose and nothing you do will be able to prepare you for the grief that will follow. We must take solace in the fact that we have a roof over our heads, our health and the people in our lives that we can take for granted on a daily basis - something we have all been guilty of.

So right now, I want to take the time to say... Baxter family, thank you for everything you do for me day in, day out; you really are the best people in the world. Love you all very much xxxxxx

You're with me at my worst,
You're with me at my best.
You're with me through everything,
Especially when I'm put to the test.

Through thick and through thin,
There you will always be...
You put a smile on my face,
And bring me so much glee.

No matter what life throws,
I know I can count on you.
And no matter what life throws at you,
You know I am there for you too.

So it is with a heavy heart,
That I must confess.
My dear family you really are.
Nothing but the best.

T.x.

No comments:

Post a Comment